Monday, May 04, 2009

snickerdoodles


We worked on a surprise... more about that later :)
And made snickerdoodles. I used a recipe my mom cut out of a magazine. But which magaizine? It's a mystery. But in my search for a link to the exact recipe- because it's a really good one-I learned that most snickerdoodles call for cream of tartar and shortening- this one called for neither. Good stuff. So- since it's way past my bedtime, I'm gonna not transcribe it, but if you want it- let me know, I will get it to you pronto.
***Here it is***
Snickerdoodles

3/4 c. granulated sugar
2/3 c. lt. brown sugar
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 t. vanilla extract
1 lg. egg
1+1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. gr. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1/3 c. granulated sugar
1+1/2 t. cinnamon
(t=teaspoon)
- Preheat oven to 400F.

- Combine 3/4 c. sugar+br.sugar+ butter in md. bowl; beat with mixer at md. speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.

- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level w/ knife. Combine flour with baking powder, 1/2 t. cinnamon and salt, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat until just combined. Shape dough into 30 balls.

- Combine 1/3 c. granulated sugar and 1+1/2 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl. Roll balls in sugar mixture, place 2"apart on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.

-The super secret part- pop loaded cookie sheet into fridge (or freezer) for 10 minutes. This firms up the butter so the cookies are already cooking before the butter gets the urge to ooze all over the place and make flat cookies.

-Bake for 7-9 minutes, until tops just crack. Cool on pans 1 minute, then transfer to wire rack. (Better to undercook just a little than to overcook)



2 comments:

Eralda LT said...

Need. Recipe. Please.

Nick said...

I couldn't stop eating them....my poor children probably wonder where they went.