Monday, September 07, 2009

Cheap+Free Thrills

I don't like to think of myself as having any addictions. Maybe coffee.
OK. Coffee.
But, more- magazines.
And I'm not picky: cooking, fashion, home decorating, design, fitness, parenting, architecture, culture, travel, current events....
Nearly anything barring naked people and sports.
These are hard times, and too many magazines have gone under. The loss of Domino was heartbreaking. And Wondertime. And I'm really fearing for Cookie. Unfounded fear, I hope.
To be honest, I'm sure that the explosion of blog world has not encouraged people to pay for such cumbersome print matter.
But I am happy to have stumbled upon digital magazines. And they are often free or in the $2 range.
The digital age is not without casualties, but as a true cheapskate, the silver lining has not gone unappreciated.

Here are a few of my favorites:


N.E.E.T. Magazine




ParasolMag





ANTLER
(OK- the first 3 issues are free, then 1.99, but, still worth it I think)




and LIVING etc (just a preview, but still)

No comments: