Thursday, March 26, 2009


The money: I thought it was lost. I thought I dropped it on the way out of the post office. Or that the postman never gave me my change. But. It was there, on my dresser all along. I couldn't see it because it was buried. I think it's time for a makeover. So, I went around the house taking "before" pictures. And I thought I might post them. But when I uploaded them and saw them on the computer monitor. I was a tiny bit horrified. There will be no "before"s without their "after"s.
And the book, I'm reading it. I have always admired the cover. Brilliant design by my uninformed standards. It got me to read it. I've pretty much regretted that decision from the first chapter. But, it's just one of those things. You know you shouldn't, but you do it anyway, and of course you could stop, but you can't. You won't. It's not that it's a bad book, maybe, I don't know. But where it sends you, if you can relate at all. And hopefully you can't. But if by chance you were ever a tragically dorky teenage girl who wanted desperately to be completely invisible and known and adored. Well. You might relate to the unforgivably human heroine. Thankfully my physical life did not run the same parallels as the emotional ones. Truly, by the grace of God, I ended up on a different path , but it's easy to see how it could have been that way. How grateful I am for all those who helped me find the Love that is bigger than all our efforts to feel right in this world.

No comments: