Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm not Catholic, but if I were....

I would definitely go to St. Monica-St. George on West Macmillan in Clifton.


I attended a wedding there over the weekend. And. Holy.


Here is a bit of history.
I have avoided this post because I really wanted to share, but my amateur skills and little league camera just could not do justice.
But here it is. In all it's Early Christian, classic cathedral layout glory. Completely, insanely over the top. Not a single inch unaccounted for. A feast.

3 comments:

sarah said...

this looks so straight out of europe...

Maryl said...

I've been to St. Mary's Cathedral Basicala in Covington a couple of times and found that amazing. I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for sharing.

The Little Brenner Family said...

So beautiful!